Thursday, September 07, 2006

Nothing much new here; just working, trying to sleep and attempting to edit my second manuscript. Tonight I start my career as one of those "junior comittee" members, though not in the stuffy, New York-ish society type of way. Not that there's anything wrong with that. My good friend from college runs the events and fundraising depts over at the New World Symphony, and I've recently been appointed to her executive committee. She throws the grooviest parties in South Beach, so I'm looking forward to being a part of that. (And, natch, supporting the arts.)

Otherwise, just gearing up for New York in two weeks--my hair needs a good cut, I need some quality time with my NYC girlfriends and I need my Bergdorf's fix, stat. It will be the first time visiting the city since moving away, and I'm guessing that it's a whole different experience being a tourist in a place you used to call home. I don't know quite what to expect or what my reaction will be, but I've always been kind of funny about visiting places where I used to live ...