Friday, April 11, 2008

Maybe I'm just in a pissy mood cause I'm PMSing or maybe I'm hypersensitive to the whole BC issue thing, but I find the following solicitation email I rec'd from another writer to be in extremely poor taste. Agreed? Or am I really a woman on the verge? I would tear this e-mail apart word by word, but frankly I'm too tired even to waste the energy. Case in point that not all Conde Nast mags are, well, decent. Grammatical errors are included for your enjoyment.

"I am working on an an upcoming health story about breast cancer for the October issue of Annoying Women's magazine. I am looking for ethnically diverse women who live in the New York CIty area between the ages of 20 and 40 who can come into the Annoying Women's offices to see if they can find lumps in a prosthetic boob. SNACKS AND REFRESHMENTS WILL BE PROVIDED! Plus this is a great opportunity to SCHMOOZE and meet EDITORS!

We're booking appointments on two dates: April 28th or April 30th and each
appointment will run for about sixty minutes (but we'll try to keep it under
an hour). Candidates may be photographed and quoted during the sessions!

This is a great opportunity to contribute to an interesting story, meet editors and explore the Annoying Women's office!

If you are interested, please email me at XXX by Monday, April 14th 9 a.m. with the following information:

1. first and last name
2. age
3. city and state
4. your email and number
5. Which date you prefer to come in: April 28th or April 30th.

*You will be contacted by a Annoying Women's editor in the next week to schedule your time to come in to the office.

PLEASE FORWARD TO YOUR FRIENDS!"

Oy, oy, oy, oy. Exclamation points!!! Breast Cancer!!!!!!!!!!!!! Refreshments!!!!! Meet the editors and feel some tits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!